Vice President, Technology
Systems Engineer / Architect
(Snr. Manager / Director level)
October 31, 2016
This key position will report to the Vice President, Technology and will work closely with all aspects of engineering. He/She will play a central role in the system engineering development, including device architecture, electrical and firmware design, requirement development, system integration, test plan development and execution, as well as transfer into full production release.
This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional team members in Electrical, Firmware, Mechanical, Mobile SW Application, Drug Delivery, Quality Assurance, Operations and Product Management to implement products from concept to production. The role will also work closely with internal and external partners to generate all necessary documentation and test plans to ensure product(s) meet specification. In addition, this position will ensure that product features are both reliable and manufacturable, achieving cost and schedule goals along with electronic, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Lead the system engineering architecture development with internal & external team members
- Define, implement and review product requirements, architecture and detailed design specifications for complex systems, PCB and FPGA based designs
- As the leader of hardware/firmware/systems, organize and execute on projects from concept through bring-up, implementation, test, debug, regulatory compliance and release to production
- Lead and execute the system integration and test of the product(s) between EE, ME & FW.
- Lead in engineering evaluation and test verification of product performance; ensure design control
- Collaborate with internal & external teams (eg. Suppliers, manufacturing, hardware, firmware, quality)
- Utilize best-in-class tools to develop innovative engineering solutions to highly complex problems
- Define and drive adherence to development processes and methodologies
- Assist in the audit and provide input & oversight on key suppliers and external partners
- Protect company intellectual property by submitting patent applications
- Lead and develop dFMEA and SW FTA/dFMEA documents
This position reports to the Vice President, Technology